Melbourne Tabla School COVID-19 Policy
Melbourne Tabla School is committed to maintaining a COVID-safe environment. In order to keep the Melbourne Tabla School community safe, the following procedures are in place:
- Anyone attending tabla lessons are required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, including parents attending children's lessons.
- Students are required to check-in at all venues.
- Physical distancing of minimum 1.5 meters to be maintained at all times.
- Density quotient of 4 square meters per person to be maintained at all times.
- Face masks to be worn at all times.
- Hand sanitising upon arrival and departure.
- Students are required to bring their own drums and powder to each lesson. Where this is not possible, any class instruments are to be wiped down between students.
- Yoga mats are provided for students to sit on during lessons. These are cleaned with antibacterial wipes after each student.
- Students must confirm they have no symptoms prior to every lesson via text reply.
- Outdoor lessons are provided where possible.
- Well ventilated spaces provided for all indoor teaching spaces.
- Configuration of equipment has been modified for safe physical distancing.
- For indoor lessons, waiting room procedures have been changed so that each student arrives only after the previous student has left.
- All hard surfaces are cleaned daily with disinfectant (floors, door handles) and more frequently (every 2 hours) for all high traffic/high touch areas.
- There are no shared facilities (bathrooms, toilets) at the home teaching venues.
- There no large groups, workshops or concerts are held at this time.
- The current circumstances and advice of health authorities are regularly reviewed to ensure policies are adequate, effective and compliant.
- Any student or teacher with cold or flu like symptoms is required to do online lessons and only return to face-to-face lessons when all symptoms have gone and given the ‘all clear’ by medical professionals.
- If a case of Covid-19 is traced to our premises, Melbourne Tabla School will immediately establish an action plan based on the advice of Health Authorities which may include a full or partial closure of the business to allow for thorough cleaning, contact tracing and testing.